Monday 17 June 2013

Redesign and fitout: Office Edition

Evening all,

A few weeks ago I entered a competition to redo the fitout and design for a company in Sydney city.
Pro: If I win it will be a huge step in my career and gets Runaway Designs into the big wide world.
Con: I am about to travel Europe for 2 months....mmmm

But I was 'blessed' with a warped sense of reality and a somewhat unrealistic perception of limits [a most potent cocktail for success might I add]. We were given a month to have the plans put together complete with concept boards and somehow, in-between my part time job and nannying I have come up wi a brilliant - thats the cocktail talking - office plan layout! its daring, its drastic, its fantastic! and I love it!!!
I do have to give credit though where credit is due. Rob Meyerson [a terrific architecture friend and mentor] has been nothing but helpful so thank you!

I have emailed the company and am ready to present them with my ideas this week and if it all works out I will have a job waiting for me on my return home....in 3 months :s

Wish me luck! I'll put up pictures of the plans soon


“The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” (......possibly my competitors?? Ha!)
- Ayn Rand

No comments:

Post a Comment