Sunday 21 July 2013

We made it!

After a very turbulent passport related non-existant planed journey Julz and my spontaneity overtook our logic! (thats when the best experiences happen - right!?)

We ended up in Paris..well for only 2 days...but thats better than nothing right??

After not getting onto our train on the Monday and trying to reorganise our Paris trip on Tuesday - with no luck - we decided to give up as you would have read in my last post.
As fate would have it on Wednesday of that week we were sitting on the London Tube on our way back from 'Book of Mormon' (sidenote: ITS UNFRIEKEN BELIEVABLE!!!! and a must see if it comes to your town!) and well we decided that our return tickets were still valid. Long story short, we were on the next Train to Paris early Thursday morning for a 48hour trip to Paris.

Codos to Julia who is the most unbelievable itinerary planner ever! We saw almost everything; the Eiffel  Tower, the Opera district, the Louvre and the famous Pita restaurant in the Jewish district - which was amazing by the way, definitely a must in your ever there! I reminded me of the episode of Seinfeld with the Soup Nazi...their efficiency is like no other!

After that Julz and I split up to do our own thing. She saw the Arc de' Triumph and I went shopping! Some would say that was a ridiculous thing to do but I don't feel like a trip is complete without a souvenir, don't you? I love that with my 2 new dresses I can say in response to my future compliments "ohh, ha ha, darling its from Paris"...although probably with less poise :p
Julz and I met at the train station and off we were back to London with a whirlwind of Parisian memories food and sites swirling in our heads.

The picture below is one of the cafe's we sat at for lunch. whilst al the locals were surviving on coffee and cigarets we both tucked into a great cafe signature salad.... But the reason I chose this picture to include in my Paris post was more to do with my Interior passions. The two men you see (who slightly resemble the mario brothers) were our waiters. Although they seem as if they are taking a break they are actually on the clock. But it resinates a small lesson with design. Every element needs to be thought through, in this case, custom designed outfits for these waiters instead of the usual black apron. Everything about screamed the theme of the cafe, their hats, their low grade overalls. It looks as if they are performing a private street show for our cafe and yet they seem to blend in so well with the surrounding atmosphere.

When designing a house, every room should have its distinct 'private show' it can be from something as small as curtain, chair, rug or table. Window design, vase or artwork. These small features will ad so much character to your rooms. The same way these walking characters added so much to Julz and my trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment