Sunday 21 July 2013

For the love of great food and greater gal's

After the Paris trip Julz and I met up with 2 of Jul'z friends from Melbourne Rach and Becca - a pair of great gal's! We spent the weekend together and would later meet up with them in Scotland for T in the Park music festival - but thats another post!

About 3 or 4 posts ago I showed you 2 table tombs I bought; Rachel Zoe's A-Z guide to style and the al time wonderful Jerusalem cookbook by Yotam Ottolenghi. Well, as luck would have it one Becca had booked, wait for it, a reservation - at - Yotam Ottolenghi's - restaurant!!!!!!

where to start?? well seeing as this is more of an interior blog than a food blog lets start with the design - Wow!

As soon as you walk in your hit with the Mediterranean theme. One of the key colours with this theme is white but what made this restaurant more royal was its soft boarders of gold - see below

I love the rough texture on the walls on the left somehow mix so well with the shiny tiles on the right. The lights, lighting, wooden chairs and copper lights all blend together so well! and the atmosphere made it so simple and easy to have a great dinner. I honestly dont remember the last time I had such an enjoyable dinner with no cares, lots of wine and great conversations. We sat there for over 2 hours! just talking, drinking and eating

The signature 'o' carried through ever detail of the restaurant, on the waiters collars was embedded a small golden plated 'O', the napkin rings were the same thing but bigger - even the toilet seats were shaped in an 'O'!!! that is attention to detail, and dont even get me started on the bathrooms. I felt like I was Willy Wonka's elevator when I went inside.

The Bathroom
The 'O' toilet

Note: not sure who the child is in the picture so I have blurred the face. But Julz so kindly took the pictures for me. When I went the first time I didn't think I needed my camera :p so i send Julz on a mission! 

Not to mention the food which we completely devoured!

If you are ever in London this place cannot be missed! so much for backpacking on a budget hey??


No comments:

Post a Comment